New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a 6mm Remington without doing enough research it seems because I'm now finding that brass is extremely hard to come by. Does anyoneknow where I could find some reasonably-priced 6mm remington braass? It seems like all of the normal online outfits are out of stock.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It shows up on gunbroker time to time. $$ like it is gold plated.

Roll your own using 257R or 7x57. Just watch the neck thickness.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen 6mmRem brass in stock for quite a while, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been produced. If you want some you should get on a back-order list and wait until it is in stock so that you will be toward the head of the line to get some. I have some 6mm brass for my rifle and considered getting some more but finally decided to just wait until it is readily available again. There must be a fair amount of demand for it.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
I've got way more than we actually need. Where do you live, RJ? It's all loaded, lots of it with reduced loads just because it was empty and my f-i-l had so much lying around. Good stuff and if nothing else it would be worth seeing if it chambers in yours / if resizing a twice-fired unit works for you. Make a plan and PM's work.

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
It shows up on gunbroker time to time. $$ like it is gold plated.

Roll your own using 257R or 7x57. Just watch the neck thickness.

If it were only that easy.... hammering
I've been looking for 257 Roberts brass for over a year to make some 257AI brass. In the process I've decided 6mm Remington would be my best alternative since neck thickening won't be an issue with the smaller neck diameter. Rare as hen's teeth in my area locally or through known online sources. I have found some 7 x 57 but its not the brand I've developed loads with. Looks like I'm starting anew.