New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stoney Point cartridges
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does any body use them in your reloading?

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Are You referring to the oal cases/

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm speaking primarily of the cases that have the base drilled and tapped to use for checking OAL to the shoulder or comparing headspace from one chamber or another.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I messed around with them for a while. I found that I liked to fire form and make my own cases.
Its a touch feeley type adjustment and easy to have false readings. the one that got me was a build up of carbon.
A little dirt in the chamber changes the game as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is what I found. I use more positive ways now. I sent them a couple of fireformed cases with turned necks. They work, but I use other methods now.

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
what have found that works for you,
I just go by a book number and adjust in or out by test firing. I didn't get any real good results by loading and adjusting to the lands.
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I quit using them quite some time ago. I dfo other things. I have what few cases advertized in the classifieds.