Find
Notify
Tools

.311 bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of doctorxring
posted

Who makes the best quality .311 hunting bullets ?
150 to 180 grain range. I've got a Mosin sniper
that needs to harvest something, deer to elk
class.

thanks, dxr

Happiness is a tight group

Posts: 1524 | Location: Don't Mess With Texas | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Sierra Pro Hunters. Killed a deer or two and a few wild pigs. Worked fine.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
They say the Hornady 312 174gr RN is good on game. I have used them and they shoot fine. I have only killed one beasty with one. Can't complain. It worked great! Then Hornady make a 312 150gr Spire Point. They shoot pretty accurately too although I found them a bit destructive at 303 Brit velocity (at close range). Then Speer make a 180gr 311 RN bullet. Kills Red deer just fine. Works magic on smaller critters too. I would suggest trying the larger bullets for best accuracy (312).

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
I've used Sierra Pro Hunters. Killed a deer or two and a few wild pigs. Worked fine.

+1 for the Sierra 180 gr .311 Pro-Hunters, especially for the elk. I've used the 150 gr Hornady .312 SP at .303 velocity (2500 fps) on deer and it does alright.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've had great luck with the Remington 180gr RN Corlokt (sp?).

The Remington's RN bullets have much tougher jackets than the spitzer CL's.

The RN bullets have been accurate in my Enfield and bullet mushrooms are classic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd vote for 174 gr Hornady or the 180 Rem RN Core Lokt.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3993 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote