New
Find
Notify
Tools

accurate 357 MAG loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wondering if any of you could help me out in finding some accurate 357 mag loads.
I have not yet loaded for this cartridge except plinking rounds and would like some hunting round info.

One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
I could give you the loads that shoot safe and accurate in my .357 rifle but your Rifle / Pistol you don't say is a different firearm and my loads may not be any use to you whatsoever. They're is plenty of safe free load data for you to start with and experiment with on the powder manufacturer's websites and also in the bullet manufacturer's reloading manuals.

regards Jacko

"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin

Posts: 34 | Location: Sth East Qld Australia | Registered: 02 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midminnesota:
I was wondering if any of you could help me out in finding some accurate 357 mag loads.
I have not yet loaded for this cartridge except plinking rounds and would like some hunting round info.

Go to Hodgdon Powders and select the bullet etc and they would give you the minimum and maximum for pistol and rifle loads.
http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Starting point: 357 brass,standard primer, 5.5 gr. Unique. Chronoed 860 fps /4" barrel. My IPSC load for years.

5.2 Gr. Universal. Mild recoil, plinkers. N/A fps.

Then, follow your reloading manual's recommendations.

Posts: 117 | Location: Utah | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
My load, which I didn't have to spend much time at all working up, turned out to be pretty accurate out of a snubbie. I shoot Hornady 158 gr. HP/XTP bullets over 14.3 gr. of H110/Win. 296.

Though all I've taken with it is a small groundhog, I'd be OK using it on stuff up to deer size.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote