New
Find
Notify
Tools

least accurate bullet in your guns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
On about 10 CF that I shoot from time to time the least accurate over all would have to be the Hornady with the most accurate being the Nosler Part or BT fallowed by the plane jane core lokt or bronse point middle of the road would have to be any Sierra GK.

My 22-250 get good groups 1" or less using H-380 and Win 55gr FMJ this is a great plinking or sage rat load at $4.00 per 100

I have some old Barnes .032 jackets lead core in .277 and 30 cal that are VERY ACCURATE.

Eagles from above

Posts: 147 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Barnes-X with one exception. I worked up a load in .45-70 using the 300 gr Barnes. Shot out of a Marlin lever gun with Leupold 2-7 scope, it shot under an inch always, and the best group was .38" with an average for 10 groups of .55" Only problem was it kicked like the proverbial mule. Added a Decellerator and used a computer mouse pad cut in half and glued together as a "sissy" pad. Then I could shoot it comfortably.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
I've got to agree Barnes, not the greatest groups, but what's even worse is a .277" in and out or a .308" in and out.

"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
-Ben Franklin

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by US1:
the least accurate over all would have to be the Hornady with the most accurate being the Nosler Part I have some old Barnes .032 jackets lead core in .277 and 30 cal that are VERY ACCURATE.

Funny stuff huh? Worst in 2 very different 223Rem was the same batch of Nozler Part's
Best were Hor.SP.
JL.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote