New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: OPINIONS ON RUGER MINI 30
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks much all. I know about the SKS's but just don't like the looks of them. Thanks for the accuracy info, I kind of thought it was like that. Steve I'll check out the site you wrote for me. If anyone know's of a 30 for sale let me know..OK? Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Let face cold hard facts.

"IT SUCKS"

Most innacurate POS I have ever held in my hands.
Hope I am not being too vague.

That sir, is a matter of OPINION. Which of course you are entitled to...I would question the accuracy of a rifle or carbine only AFTER exploring what I could possibly do to it in terms of enhancements....

Yes, the BARREL of the Mini's is not the greatest, that is the MAIN cause of the inaccuracy....but the receiver is tried and true....Kinda funny but this Mini-14 seems to give me 1 MOA accuracy EASILY...

web page

web page

web page

...nuff said...

MaceWindu

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 Mini 30's and both were acceptably accurate. One shot Chinese mil ammo into .5" groups with irons. It also pitted the barrel because it sat 2 days without cleaning-inadvertant omission. I never had a Mini 14 that shot better than 2" groups but a friend made $20 by betting his would ahoot MOA. He fired one shot every 5 min until he had 5 rounds into the X-ring. I get weak for one every 5 years or so and immediately get cured and go back to my CZ.
Rugers are what they are. Like 'em or get something else.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Quote:

Let face cold hard facts.

"IT SUCKS"

Most innacurate POS I have ever held in my hands.

Hope I am not being too vague.

That sir, is a matter of OPINION. Which of course you are entitled to...I would question the accuracy of a rifle or carbine only AFTER exploring what I could possibly do to it in terms of enhancements....

Yes, the BARREL of the Mini's is not the greatest, that is the MAIN cause of the inaccuracy....but the receiver is tried and true....Kinda funny but this Mini-14 seems to give me 1 MOA accuracy EASILY...

web page

web page

web page

...nuff said...MaceWindu

OK, but I resubmit my question! I am always willing to learn how to fix something that needs fixing! BTW, the ammo I used was NOT GARBAGE! It was carefully assembled handloads with excellent bullets. This same ammo works great in a CZ 527!

(Maybe Ruger just sends better Minis to N.Z.???)

Here's how my handloads perform in a CZ 527 at 100 yards: (top 3-shot group is WW factory load fired to measure velocity.)