New
Find
Notify
Tools

PACT BBK reset codes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It's time for my yearly return to get the BBK fixed. I have one code from PACT, but it will not fix ERR1.

PACT told me the biggest problem was remiving the batteries. the compartment is so tight most people try to shake the battery out, and that ruins the balance mechanism. I thought I had that curred when I found an AC adapter that had the 9 volt pigtail attachment. I kept the scale in one place with constant power, but now I get ERR1

PACT always repairs it for free, but it sure is a pain to send it back yearly.

When it works the accuracy is great, and it was a gift.

Hoping someone might have the code.

thanks

Gene

Posts: 114 | Location: USA, North Carolina | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear you. Twice back with mine then they gave me the code over the phone. Last time carefully pulling the batteries for replacement the connector let go from the wires. It ended up in the trash (along with the code) and my old RCBS 5-10 has been in use since with zero problems.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
When i needed to do a master reset on my RCBS partner scale by pact I have to turn the scale on and when you see (TEST) on the screen you have to simultaniously press the gram/grain-0-and on/off buttons at the same time. Not 1, 2, 3, but one push of all 3 at the same time. May take a couple tries but that fixed mine.You'll see all four numerals going around in circles in a flashing motion, just let it go till it finishes then you can calibrate it like normal with the weights. Pact wouldn't give me the code so i called RCBS and she offered it without me asking. Pact wants you to send it in.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote