one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Who is making brass for Nolser?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Nosler last week and asked them.
All they would say is an independent manufacturer. The get the brass and then prep it. They say it is a bit thicker than normal brass but not enough to affect loading.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Was fortunate enough to pickup 5 pieces of .308 Win at the SHOT show. Weighed it today and found it to be very consistant for this small sample. 173.1 to 173.9 grains. there were 2 at 173.4 and 1 at 173.3, yes that makes the odd man 173.9... The primer pockets are good, but the flash hole needed deburring. Loaded these for my VSSF, a load which normally shoots to .35 MOA or better for 5 rounds. The finished loaded round neck diameter was .3385, and very uniform. Will be shooting them next week. To the eye, Lapua still looks better to me.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
308Sako,

The samples I looked at at Nosler had the flash hole cleaned up by a 120 degree reamer and were very clear. They did say they did some experimenting before deciding on the 120 degree reaming.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

posted Hide Post
I just bought two boxes (100 cases) of Nosler .22-250 brass from Graf & Sons. The boxes were factory sealed. 99 of them had the Nosler headstamp but one was stamped "FC" suggesting that Federal supplies the brass to Nosler. Has anyone else see this?

Good hunting,
Jim

Posts: 48 | Location: Helvetia, Oregon | Registered: 14 September 2003Reply With Quote