THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Bonded Bullets...where can I get 'em?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted
I can't seen to find them as components in any catalog. Where do you all get them??

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Graf and Sons has them.

www.grafs.com

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
All they make for the .458 is a 500 gr RN? I thought they made a lighter Semi Sptz in 400 grs or something like that. Too much recoil must've rattled my brain....

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Federal bought the Trophy Bonded bullet design from Jack Carter, and their output is dedicated to their loaded ammunition. They have said they "might" sell components in the future.

Jack was reportedly free to sell bullets, but he did a year ago and the supply of TB bullets dried up over the last year.

If you can find some, buy them!

jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I checked out GeorgeS's lead to Graf & Sons; their detail says that the bullets are made for them by Speer.

Speer's website does not have any mention of any TB design bullets.

TB used to have a .458"/400 gr soft point, I remember buying some for an outfitter friend in RSA and taking them over (I was glad to get that weight out of my suitcase, thank you!)

jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trophy Bonded did make the 400 gr .458" spitzers, however it appears that they are not yet for sale. Hopefully, Speer - Federal - Blount - Alliant Tech will offer them as components at a later date.
If you need some for a hunt or something, I could part with some of the few boxes I squirreled away just after Mr. Carter died.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
OLD 4X4 -- You need to try the North Fork bullet, it is an improvement on the TBBC in my opinion. They use the same solid rear portion of the bullet, with a bonded core front portion. They also grove the rear portion of the bullet to reduce fouling. They have been extremely accurate through my .340 Wby and .358 STA. Good shooting.

------------------

[This message has been edited by phurley (edited 01-02-2002).]