New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying Dillon Cheaper
 Login/Join

<Lakeitel>
posted
I am poised to make a large purchase of Dillon products as stated in an earlier posting. I have been snooping around and noticed that at WWW.BRIANENOS.COM I can purchase Dillon products at a 10% discount over their advertised prices. Has anyone had experiences purchasing Dillon products like this? Is there a listing of companies, through which, Dillon offers this discount? I have no real purpose in supporting Brian Enos (no offense to him as I am sure he is a fine person) but if a middle person is presumably going to make a buck on me I'd rather give it to the NRA or such. Any bought Dillon products through a third party like this? It DOES sound like a good deal. When you are talking about dropping like $1500 or more on equipment at once that means a substantial savings in cash. Enos is claiming 10% savings at that amount of purchase and that would also preclude me from paying State sales tax as well. Sounds like a good deal but I am concerned about getting screwed.

<.>
posted
Not getting screwed is the reason we have contract law.

Read the fine print. Get a receipt.

------------------
.223 Ackley Improved Wildcat Forum:
http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=223ackleyimproved

posted Hide Post
Dillon has had a network of retailers for years.

Brian Enos is a well-know competitive pistol shooter.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If you remain skeptical, contact Dillon and ask them.

George

------------------
"Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!"

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I bought my dillon press through precision reloading,,,,the only reason was the frieght was cheaper.The price on the press was the same.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Lakeitel>
posted
Thanks for the responses. I called Dillon up today and asked about this deal and they just refused to talk about it over the phone. I asked if they would produce a listing of other dealers who might be offering discounted prices on their products and they just said NO. I later called Brian Enos and left a message on his machine. I was suprised to get a return call from the man himself less than five minutes later. He seemed very knowledgeable and a real gentleman. I actually enjoyed talking to him as he answered my questions in language I could relate to....refreshing in a obtuse world. Now to decide between the presses!