Find
Notify
Tools

Happy purchase
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted
Came across 13 new unfired RWS .404 cases for sale on our National auction site. Start price was NZ$65 so put a bid in at that price, no one else bid so got them. I still have an original unused packet of RWS .404 brass so now have 33 of these great cases to hand.
Still using the other packet of RWS cases of the two I was given back in 1978. Lost 4 or 5 to neck cracks but silver solder these and they work perfectly for cast loads. Now anneal every second firing. Supplement the RWS cases with some Kynoch Berdan primed cases and Parker Hale cases that I got from shooting my factory ammo stock. Primer pockets still all tight in the RWS brass.

$5 per case may sound expensive to some of you guys but here, when you can get it, Hornady 404 brass retails at about NZ$5.50 per case and Norma close to NZ5.90 per case. RWS beats these hands down for quality and longevity.

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you need it you need it.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Years ago I looked for either RWS or Norma 404 brass.

They were in short supply.

Then I found several thousands in 2 large cardboard drums.

I bought the lot! clap

I have several calibers built on this case, so I am glad I did.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Every now + then we fall into a good deal. My buddy inherited 2 storerooms full of reloading stuff from his friend that passed away. Among everything else were 55 gal. drums of 308 + 223 brass. He had been collecting for a long time + did quite a bit of shooting. Nice score for my friend though.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote