Find
Notify
Tools

in need of Sierra Gamekings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys,

I am about to give up. I have finally found a load that my 30-06 loves. Sierra Gameking 180gr SBT over 53grs. of H380. Now I can't find them ANYWHERE. Does anyone have a box or two or three? If you do I want them. I have a deer and Elk hunt coming up and need to get theese rounds together to do some more practicing.

Thanx,
Mark

Posts: 116 | Location: Buckeye, AZ | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Order them from Midway or any other catalog shooting warehouse-----you probably can't find a more available bullet !

Hipshot

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EVERYBODY including Sierra is backorder only. I mean it, I have called 30 or so places around the country. There are not any to be had. If you have them I need 'em.

Mark
520-249-1524

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sierra must be having some sort of problem ! A month ago I ordered 200 gr. .375 cal. bullets for my .375 Win. through Natches Shooting Supply ( they had none in stock) so I called Midway, they said they were out of stock and would back order them. No suck luck, I got a letter from Midway the other day stateing Sierra could not supply them.
So what is up with Sierra ?????

Hipshot

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It might be that Sierra has most of its bullet making machines cranking out 77gr .223, 168 and 175 .308's for the War effort.

Mark I have found that usually a load that shoots good with Sierra bullets in my 308's also shoots good with Nosler Ballistic Tips and Nosler Partitions. [Same powder charge for all, in several different 308's.]

If you load is near max, I would drop down a few grains and work up, of course.

For deer and elk I would go with the 180 Partition.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Try Olde English Outfitters:

(937) 667-3315

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
olde English outfitters did not have them, but I found them at Lock stock and Barrel. I bought the only three boxes they had, and now there are no more.

Thanx guys,
Mark

one of us
posted Hide Post
Markhpb,I recommend you try Hornady bullets.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shootaway,

WHY?

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
quote:
olde English outfitters did not have them, but I found them at Lock stock and Barrel. I bought the only three boxes they had, and now there are no more.

Harkhpb: If you run short, I have 3 boxes of the Sierra 2160's that I have moly coated but can tumble coating off if desired.

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 916 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Markhpb:
shootaway,

WHY?
I tried them in my 308 and found them to be more accurate than anything.They got some red tipped ones with a VLD boatail,also their HPBT are great.They were priced good too,and you can get the with a moly coating.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Markhpb:
Hey guys,

I am about to give up. I have finally found a load that my 30-06 loves. Sierra Gameking 180gr SBT over 53grs. of H380. Now I can't find them ANYWHERE. Does anyone have a box or two or three? If you do I want them. I have a deer and Elk hunt coming up and need to get theese rounds together to do some more practicing.

Thanx,
Mark
Try Nosler www.shootersproshop.com or www.bivwak.com where I buy my Nosler Blems & firsts,bivwak has a flat rate shipping fee of $10 for a bag or box or any number of bags.Nosler 165gr Solid Base bullets(precursor of the ballistic tips),58gr of IMR 4831,CCI LR primer loaded in Mil Surplus & Commercial brass put 5 rounds from 100yd bench in 7/16 inch from my bedded & tuned Sako Finnbear 06 with a leupold 3x9x40 CPC scope.Also used 180gr Sierra GameKing with 72gr of IMR 4831 in my Sako Finnsport 300wm,rem 9 1/2 mag primer