Find
Notify
Tools

400 grain slugs for the 375 HH
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,
Has any bullet Co. developed 400 gr bullets for the 375HH? Either jacketed of non-jacketed.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Dan in Wa>
posted
Roger,
I can't get enough powder in the .375 H&H for
300 grain bullets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodleigh make a 350 gr bullet for the .375. [Smile]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
quote:
Woodleigh make a 350 gr bullet for the .375.
So does Barnes. [Big Grin]

<Wharthog(SA)>
posted
Hi there

Rhino from South Africa makes a 380gr core bonded bullet for the 375 HH. Check out there website at www.rhinobullets.co.za. I bought some and the recommended load is 63 - 64gr of S365 ( I do not know whether you guy's can get your hands on SA powder). I will be testing these rounds shortly and will keep you posted, they should stop most animals in their tracks [Big Grin]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We know that Woodeligh & "Barnes" [Wink] offer a 350 gr .375 bullet and woodeligh also offeres a 450 gr .416 Bullet.

Now my question is wouldn't all the African hunters love these bullets as they should have even better penetrating characteristics than the standard 300 gr .375 & 400 gr .416 offerings due to higher SD ??

The standard offerings in these calibres pentrates well so this should just be more of a good thing. The .416 Rigby case should still be able to drive the 450 gr bullet at 2300 fps thereabouts.

What do you all think ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC,

Rhino is making a 380 gr. slug. They don't give any ballistic info for the slug. Wonder what they may be getting in fps.

Yes, I believe you are correct in stating that if 300 gr bullets in 375 have been so succesful, why shouldn't a 400 be even better. Ive been trying to locate some company, any company, that produces such a slug. So far, Rhino is the closest with the 380.

If the 400 gr. could be loaded into the 375, what type of load would a fellow start out with to work up to a safe and accurate round. I'm only guessing, but it seems that a 2250/2350 fps load could be developed without pressure problems. After all, 2700 fps can be obtained with a 300 gr.bullets with some upper pressure loads. Not my sought after load though.

Anyway, should you have any knowledge of the possible loads for this bullet, by all means throw them out to me.

So far, all Ive been hearing is ney to this idea.
I will keep my eyes open for info for this possible round.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote