New
Find
Notify
Tools

9MM Styer
 Login/Join

<Abe Normal>
posted
I just recently acquired a Styer-Hahn M1912 pistol in nearly new condition [Big Grin]

I'm lead to believe that there are only two sources for ammunition, those being build your own, or get very lucky! I'm not all that lucky [Confused]

I've heard that the cases from 9MM Largo can be resized to function in the Styer. Anyone out there care to comment on how this is accomplished? Further, I've checked with Midway, Natchez & Midsouth and have yet to find brass for Styer or Largo, any suggestions as to a good source?

I was told that 115 grain ball was the standard round for this pistol. Given the age (1915) of my particular Styer, what would be a reasonable "DO NOT EXCEED VELOCITY" to work up to?

Many thanks to any that choose to reply,

<saltaparapetos>
posted
Hi Abe:

I�ve own a couple of 9 mm Largo pistols and the ammo I shoot in them is 9 mm Steyr ( Fiocchi, boxer primed). Both cases are equals, so if you can find 9 Largo (Starline made a good boxer primed cases) your problem will be out.

In case you could find Spanish made ammo, be careful with date of manufacture, because those rounds made in the period 1973-1980 are hotters than others made before.

I use a 115 grs. FMJ bullet (same used in 9 mm Luger ammo) with a load of 6.7 grains of Unique ( 1150 fps) in a Astra 400 pistol ( made in 30�) and it has no problem with it.

Greetings.

Javier

<eldeguello>
posted
I had a Colt M "O" Gov't in 9mm Steyr, and I made cases by cutting off 5.56mm NATO (.223 Rem.) brass. Mine would also feed and fire ammo loaded in .38 Super Auto brass. BUT, I DID NOT use full-power .38 Super ammo in it.

<Abe Normal>
posted
Thank you gentlemen for your time and thoughts.

I believe that I'll be using 9mm Largo brass and sizing with a 38 Super die.
Found the brass at Blue Star Cartridge Co.
http://www.blue-star-inc.com/