New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alliant 10X in .22 Hornet
 Login/Join

posted
Good morning,
Has anyone tried 10X in .22 Hornet? I haven't been able to find any data on the net, and I think the Alliant tech must be on vacation. If someone has a starting load I'd sure appreciate the information. I've been using 13 grains of Lil'gun with good result in 35-45 grain bullets in my 77/22.
Thank you for your time and interest,
Randall in Houston

Posts: 9 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have not tried it, but with its burn rate, I seriously doubt you can get too much in a Hornet case.
It compares roughly to H322/Benchmark, slightly slower than the 4198's, if that helps to compare existing data on those powders.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
TD, I'd say judging by my Alliant manual, 11.5grs should be your max with 10x with 45-50gr bullets, remember the tech at Alliant telling me you can use Benchmark data for 10X, but you know what, Hodgdon don't have Benchmark listed for the hornet, but, 11.5grs(C) H4198 is the max for the 45gr. Hornady, so 11.5grs. 10x should work just fine, it's a good powder, meters really well, clean burning, as long as you got the 'new" stuff. Go for it. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BigRx
posted Hide Post
10x also has an additive that retards copper fouling deposits......... New technology.

You might get very accurate loads in the Hornet but don't expect full velocities.

I have found 10x very uniform over the chronograph. Single digit SD at times.....

BigRx

Posts: 208 | Location: Idaho Rockies | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote