New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes bullet replacement???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a good friend in CAR who needs some reloading information and I am hoping some one here can help me out.

Here is his post to me:
From Midway USA it looks like Barnes has quit making their banded solids! L That’s earthshaking and makes one wonder if the whole world isn’t about to come to an end. They were my bread and butter! Regardless, I guess we have to look for ways to survive and so I’m wondering if you could help me. We’ve got such slow internet here that it is difficult for me to do research from here. I do know that Nosler is now making mono-metal solids. They appear to be a bit more expensive but I’m not sure we can be too choosy.

Questions:

-Can you verify for me whether or not Barnes has discontinued production of the banded solids?
-If so, is the Nosler mono-metal the next best choice in a mono-metal solid?

Gratefully,

camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Barnes to my knowledge has not discontinued their Banded Solids. I just received some from Midway and their website has no announcements.

Other options are North Fork or Cutting Edge.

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
They still show them on their website.
http://www.barnesbullets.com/p...rifle/banded-solids/

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information I will pass it on.
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the message my friend in CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC got:
Dear Kim,

Thank you for your recent email. The items you were wanting information on are listed below:

Barnes banded solids, 300 grain, 375 caliber bullets - no longer manufactured

Barnes TSX, 300 grain, 375 caliber - 725734,Barnes Triple-Shock X Bullets 375 Caliber (375 Diameter) 300 Grain Hollow Point Flat Base Lead-Free Box of 50, 44.99

Barnes Banded, 500 grain, 458 caliber - No longer made

Barnes TSX, 500 grain, 458 - 820040,Barnes Triple-Shock X Bullets 458 Caliber (458 Diameter) 500 Grain Hollow Point Flat Base Lead-Free Box of 20, 24.99

Barnes TSX, 140 grain, 6.5mm - Do not carry

Barnes TSX, 53 grain, 22 caliber - 679738,Barnes Triple-Shock X Bullets 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 53 Grain Hollow Point Flat Base Lead-Free Box of 50, 24.94

I will order some bullets up for him if they are available.
Camshaft