New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Ramshot Powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have seen that some writers are including these powders in thier articals. I am wondering if any of you have had any experence with them. I am looking to use them mainly in 223, 243, 257R. I hear that they are very stable to temp. changes.
Thanks for your input.

Posts: 26 | Location: West Hemlock, PA | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only on I have is Enforcer, which I have figured out is the same as AA#9.

This is good for me, because Quickload does not have a library part for AA#9, but it does for Enforcer, and I have worked up allot of loads with AA#9.

One good thing about the Ramshot load data download, is that they list the SAAMI max pressures of the cartridges they have loads for:
http://www.ramshot.com/

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I am using a LOT of Tac. I like it well in my PPC, my 223 and my Whelen. Meters like water, super clean burning, and FAAAAASSSSSTTTT. Seems medium to low temp sensitive, from what I can tell. I've played with X-term a little, but the burning rate is a bit too fast for what I want. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in love with TAC. Like the poster above said, meters great, clean-burning, groups well, what more could you ask for? [Cool]

reloader-1

[ 01-24-2003, 19:03: Message edited by: reloader-1 ]

Posts: 270 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
In my 223's, TAC and X-Terminator are very clean, accurate and quick. Supposedly, TAC is the cleanest burning ball type powder available.

I've also used them in a 7TCU. Initial results were promising, but, because winter thinks it has to show us how nasty it can be, I haven't been able to give them a thorough workout yet (range is buried under about 8' of snow [Frown] ).

Tried Big Boy (I think they changed the name to Magnum or something, now) in a 270 and 7 RMag, and, can't really see where it offers any great advantage over the other established powders.

That's one of the problems with the proliferation of components available to us reloaders - too many combos to try. The gunwriters all give the newest powder a glowing report, so we rush out and buy some - then we have 3/4 of a container of ANOTHER powder sitting on the shelf. Does anyone else still remember when 4064, 4895, 4350 and 4831 didn't need a prefix? Times may have been simpler then.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote