New
Find
Notify
Tools

Varmint Grenade Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've bought some VGBs and am looking for some imput on loading them. I've tried a few in 223 with Varget. They seem accurate and explosive. I just used a load for 40 grain Vmax and near max with Varget. Seems all right so far. Only tried a few. Can't find any data. Want to try them in 221 FB 22 hornet and maybe 22-250 at some time. might be too long for hornet. I'm not trying for max speed. Thought they would be nice a little reduced. Thinking fur friendly. Has anyone had time to play with them yet. My first post, hope it works! Thanks for any imput!

Posts: 47 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR. You will find many very knowledgeable and friendly folks here.

There have been a couple of threads on these bullets, so try a search in this forum and the small calibers forum. Also check the Barnes website, it has some specific loading guidelines for them.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
use 40 gr data. they will work great is 221 and hornet. they are the same length as a 52 gr so you have to seat them deep in a hornet only tried a couple in 22/250 but they sure did make for a big cloud of black crow feathers

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote