.375 cast bullets and ACC 5744
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any experiences and loads?

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have shot a bunch of the Lyman #377449 cast in wheel weights and lubed with Carnauba Red. Charge was 40.0 gr of A5744 on Remington cases. No problem with fouling.

My grandkids enjoyed shooting the "big rifle" Wink (an M70 SS Classic). Mild load.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that you are shooting a 375 H&H.
I've shot a bunch of various 375 cast bullets from a 375 Whelen with pretty good results. The most accurate was the NEI 300 grain gas checked with the bore riding band.
I used 35 Whelen data for jacketed bullets since 375 Whelen data pretty scarce.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The work pretty well with a .380 cast bullet in a .38-55.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstarling:
Have shot a bunch of the Lyman #377449 cast in wheel weights and lubed with Carnauba Red. Charge was 40.0 gr of A5744 on Remington cases. No problem with fouling.

My grandkids enjoyed shooting the "big rifle" Wink (an M70 SS Classic). Mild load.

And no filler, I presume?

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Yes in my .375 x41. 300 grain gas checked bullet at over 2100 fps. That's a 30-06 energy level. Not too shabby! coffeeroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote