New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm wsm case dimensions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for max length and trim to length.

Thanks,

Simdow

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Check with http://www.sinclairintl.com/ they sell an Chamber Length Gage,

Quote from Sinclair web page.

"The Sinclair chamber Length Gages are designed so the handloader can determine the true length of his rifle's chamber when measuring from the bolt face to the end of the chamber neck. This will tell you how much excess case length your chamber may have over published specifications in reloading handbooks.

Handbooks usually publish trim lengths shorrter than the SAAMI minimum chamber length specifications. There is a minimum and maximumlength specification for most rifle chambers. This differnce alon can be as much as .030". If your chamber measures closer to the maximum chamber length, than you could be trimming your cases more than .030" shorter than chamber length."

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks sweede44mag,

I agree with everything you said, but right now I'm looking for handbook published figures.

Simdow

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
http://www.hodgdon.com/data/rifle/7mmwinshortmag.php

TRIM: 2.096"

Check out this page hope it helps

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BINGO,

Thanks sweed44mag, I think I had that page book marked from a while back and forgot about lt.

Simdow