THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Hornady LNL AP and case expanding with Powder Drop

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady LNL AP and case expanding with Powder Drop
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,

Is it possible to combine case expanding with the charging through the case activated powder drop with the Hornady LNL AP? I have read that many of the auto progressive presses combine these steps, but I am not sure if the Hornady LNL AP can do this and if so, is there anything additional that I need to purchase.

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
Picture of pdpdad
posted Hide Post
Yes, you have to insert a Power Through Expander Die (PTX) for the bullet diameter you are loading. see: http://www.hornady.com/store/P...rs/?sort=productcode

I use these for 9mm, 38/357, .40 and .45 all with no problems.

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how d I know which diameters to get for each caliber?

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what cartridges are you shooting? post and you will get the answers to your questions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so far 9mm, .380 auto, .45 and .223

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Works great. I made my own for the .45 acp and .357 Sig as it would have taken too long to get them mail order. Something I found when I started doing this was that my powder measure had a slight burr left in the slot for the micrometer adjustment. When forced hard up the rotor had a tendency to stick in the up position. A little file work cleared that up.
C.G.B.