Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 280 ackley w/ 139 gr. IB's or BT's?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted
I shoot the 154 grain Hornady Interbond in my 280 Remington Ackley Improved and like it very much. The 139 grain Interbond should be very effective on mule deer.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
with the bullets being that light,..I'd use the accubond because of it's construction. I'll be using 150gr NBT's out of my 7mm rem mag next month.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
another vote interbonds. A little more bullet integrity can't hurt, especially since you are traveling a long ways for the hunt.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
have loaded both bullets with great accuracy success. the ballistic tips seem to be a bit more accurate and likes a little more powder up to 63 grains. the 139 ib likes 60.5 grains and flies to a better trajectory with less powder. i'll be shooting mule deer in idaho. which should i use? thanks!!

Posts: 214 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote