Find
Notify
Tools

Deep Shok
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted
Has anyone used the Deep Shok bullets in the 308 Win with 165 or 180 grain bullets yet?

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just wish they would make them in .338! You can't have too many options you know. Sorry I haven't added anything to your post.

Turok

Posts: 219 | Location: Prince George, B.C | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not used any in the 308, but have used them in the 30-06 and 300 Win.

They work very well, so no reason to fret about them in your 308.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
I have the 165's and 180's... apparently Speer is scrapping them so they're already a thing of the past... too bad.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Loading 165's over Varget I am getting 2750 from my .308. Only one volunteer so far, 180 pound pig quartering towards me. Hit at point of shoulder, clipped bottom of spine and exited off side ribs. Exit hole in rib cage was about an inch but the fat mostly plugged the exit hole. Didnt matter dropped on the spot.

Posts: 107 | Location: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
I have the 165's and 180's... apparently Speer is scrapping them so they're already a thing of the past... too bad.

Yes it is too bad.. They were on to something real nice with those bullets. Im guessing it was over some leagle squabble over the design but Speer didnt want to tell me when I asked. [Frown]

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They were a fantastic bullet in the .308 when Federal had them..They worked well on Deer at any rate...but lots of great bullets out there today, so they probably won't be missed.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote