New
Find
Notify
Tools

WCC brass any good?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm going to start reloading for my new 223 and have about 100 pieces of WCC brass. I was thinking that LC or winchester brass would be better, but how much better? This will be soley a range gun.

one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
WCC is winchester brass!

Walk softly and carry a big bore!

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe it's actually Winchester Commercial brass and can differ in thickness from normal Winchester brass and have different headstamps.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Actually, WCC stands for Western Cartridge Company, a firm which became part of the Olin-Winchester organization. It was sold in both loaded and unloaded forms to American sportsmen for many years, both before and during the Winchester association.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
That's right, it's Western Cartridge Company. The old headstamp for Winchester was WRA, for Winchester Repeating Arms.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
cheersA lot of the WCC brass I use is just fine. All of mine was from off shore military ammo that from what I hear was made by Western Cartridge Co.here in the USA. If memory serves correct it was 30-06 brass from Columbia. Back in the early 90s I bought a bunch of it stamped wcc54 and wcc55. waveroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Late production WCC and LC brass should be pretty close to the same in weight.

Verify those that you have against the LC that you have. If they are close (within .5 gr) use the load interchangeably in confidence.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Smiler

This Brass is no good. Send it to me and I will take care of it for you..... Wink

Smiler

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
sierrabravo45, why didn't I think of that!!!!!

Walk softly and carry a big bore!

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Black Hills uses that brass to make the new Mk 262 M 1 precision round for the SPR rifles. That stuff shoots pretty well.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Working on 3000 rounds of pulldown in 7.62....good stuff.

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote