Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson de-burr tool?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted
I have been using the Wilson de-burr and chamfer tool for about 14 years now and almost everytime I use it I think "am I getting the inside neck chamfer square to the case necks", I came across the answer to my thinking today when I saw an adaptor for fitting into the Wilson case trimmer for inside case chamfering.

Should I get one of these? am I concerned about something that is not an issue?

I realise that if I get one it will take me longer on the reloading bench - but it seems like a great idea...

What are your thoughts please?

Cheers NW

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I've been using a Wilson deburring tool without putting it in their case trimmer (which I have also been using for the same length of time), for 50+ years. In that time I've shot competitive benchrest, Palma competitions, lots of big game, etc. I do not believe having had one of the attachments to mount it the deburrer in the case trimmer would have improved my success or lack of success any at all.

Basically, the Wilson tool itself is self-centering. It would take some real effort to make it cut off center enough to hurt your loading quality.

So, I think I would recommend spending the money on more primers and do still more shooting. No shooter can get enough of that. The more you do it, the better you, your rifle, and your loads will shoot.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote