New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 wsm and Reloder 15
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've not tried this powder in my 300wsm but I found a recipe at the address below
It calls for a max load of 59 gr. topped with a barnes 168 xlc. I was going to start at 54 gr. and work up but this seems to be a small amount of powder compared to the volume of reloder19 and 22 that I've been using.

I was wondering what some might have to say about this load.

http://loadyourown.com/loaddata/detailcaliber.asp?id=2665

Thanks
Alex

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
Could be a good one, but I'd be wary of such a load. Hodgdon shows Varget with 165 gr. Partitions, and RL15 is very similar to Varget.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 110 | Location: Southwest Utah | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
RL-15 From 54.9 grains to 60.5 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

RL-19 From 61.7 grains to 72.5 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

RL-22 From 63.0 grains to 73.0 grains
Winchester WLR Primer

My choice is the RL-19 loading...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, and the other websites. ricciardelli since this is in line with what you have put on your page I think I'll give it a try, although reloder 19 has been very very good to me also. I'll post results later this weekend.

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
to anyone interested this combination shot very well with no pressure signs, 5 shot group under 1 inch. Will see if I can reproduce these results.

one of us
posted Hide Post
been getting awesome results with 70 gr RL22 and 165 HBTSP in the SAUM.

Posts: 286 | Location: Gladdice,Tn | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
I would think that Re-15 is a bit on the quick side for the .300 WSM. I'm sure it'll work, but I think for the bullet weight you're talking about Re-19 would be a better bet.

But, that's just me...I'm of the "fuller case is better" school.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote