New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Handloader Magazines
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Old Handloader Magazines located in Classified section.

thanks,

Minkman

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good place for them. I remember now why I cancelled my subscription to Reloading Magazine. There were just too many articles on calibers like the .44-40, the .38-55 and a lot of other relics. It's good for the handful of reloaders who have these rifles. However, it just doesn't meet the needs of most reloaders who are using more modern cartridges. I'm glad to see the data from these oldsters preserved where they can be accessed, but give the rest of us a break. We need more current data. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to dissapoint you Cal, it's "The Handloader Magazine"

I just picked up the top copy (Jan-Feb 1973) and here's some of the articles:

Loading the 9mm and .30 Luger
the Homely .350 Remington Magnum
Cartridge of the month - .243 Winchester
Shotgun Pet Loads
Reloading bottleneck pistol cartridges

Plus many more!

Thanks for your help

Minkman

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Ya know, the .44-40 has been around since around 1873; the .38-55 since around 1884; the .45 Colt since around 1873.

I wonder if the .204 Ruger, all the WSM, WSSM, RUM, and SAUM will still be in production in 2137...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Thats the great thing about, Handloader Magazine. A very good info on old or uncommon ammo.

All of the new stuff, the powder co. and bullet maker will give the latest POOP for the newest Super Whatsit XL/Super Short Semi Belted Flanged w/Rebated Rim, wonder round straight from the marketing dept.

Hog Killer

PS; Just read any gunrag at the grocry store, all of the new data will be there.

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last call!!!

The wife is starting to look at some of my other stuff. I need room!

Best offer plus shipping, see the Classified section for details.

Going to the landfill Saturday

Minkman