New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody worked up the new Triple Shock Barnes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have stayed away from Barnes for years. Never had great luck with them and fouled so bad. But decided to go ahead and try the new triple shocks. Can you really take them 1 to 2 grains over the X bullet's max? Has anyone gone anymore than that? Any great velocity gains. Got 150gr and 180gr 308 bullets for my 308Win and 300RUM.

Posts: 459 | Location: Finksburg, MD | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the greatest bullet Barnes has ever made.

I have tested them in the 270 Win, 30-06, 300 Win, 338 Win Mag and 7mm Mag, and everything has shot MOA or less.

Seating depth does not seem critical like the old bullets.

Took a Deer at 40 yards with the 160 gr 7mm and the exit hole showed perfect four-sided expansion, and no bloodshot meat like a soft point.

Am taking them with me to Africa in May.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hey Terry, can you give me your 300 mag recipe? So far I've had no luck. Are you going to SCI? I'll be there on Thursday. Hope to see you there! jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like them too. I used the 165 gr. TSX in my .300 Wby to take a deer last month and the performance was all you could ask for. The deer dropped in its tracks. It has been as accurate as anything I've ever used.

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just ordered my first box from Midsouth today in 6mm - 85 gr.. (50 pcs) $20. Might be just the ticket for antelope/deer. All I have heard about them is good...........wish they would have put loading info in their latest manual for them.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most accurate bullet in my 300WSM, just under 1/2 MOA consistently. Dropped 2 deer in their tracks this fall. One was a neck shot on a yearling just a few inches below the skull and definately showed expansion. Remember 1 or 2 grains over Max VS. X BULLETS is usually MAX with most other bullets. Get a chronograph, you can not truly reload safely without one, especially if you are trying to work right up to max working loads. They are going with me to Africa in April.

Posts: 1524 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They work very well in my 300 ultra. 168 grain xxx and alot of magpro produce under 1/2" moa. i have tried regular x bullets in other rifles with out much success. i think they have a winner!

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I chronyed my .300WM using 168gr.TSX RL22 powder, fed 215M primers. Got a respectable 3260fps. out of her. My high.

Accuracy was good. No fouling.

Anougher poster said that seating length was not as important on these, as opposed to the other X bullets.
My experience has been the opposite. I still seated them about .040 off the lands for my best accuracy..sakofan..

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote