New
Find
Notify
Tools

170 gr. Lapua Match Bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with the 170 gr. Lapua step boat tail match bullet? I have came accross a large quanitiy of them and have no experience with what so ever. Does anyone have a favorite load for them in a 308 Winchester. They look interesting enough. A good friend of mine said the were intended for military match bullets right before the military went to the .223 and tend to shoot best in a four grove barrel. Any information would be appreciated.

I would like to take this time to wish everyone on the fourms a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous New Year.
May Santa leave everyone a long box under the tree!

Shoot Safe, Shoot Straight.....RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote
<Makalu>
posted
Hallo RivRat,

I have shooting them very often. Very good bullets. I used them like the 168 grain bullets.

Regards
Makalu

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
RR - I shoot the 250gr (16.2g) Scenar bullet from Lapua in my .338 Lapua. The BC is .675 and they perform flawlessly for target and varmint shooting.

I have not used the 30 caliber 167gr (10.85g)bullets, however, they should be very accurate. You can get a little better BC from the 185gr (12.0g) bullet. I have not load data for either.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote