THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best book on Ackley Improved cartridges?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Waht is the best book on the AI cartridges that contains forming, loads, etc? Thanks.

Posts: 77 | Location: TN | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ackley's own manual, two volume set. Was reprinted a few years ago. Check around, maybe EBay. You won't believe how LITTLE is truly "new".

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ackley's "Handbook For Shooters and Reloaders". It is listed in the Sinclair catalog. It is a two volume set, and the most interesting discussion of ballistics I have read.

Posts: 283 | Location: Florida | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i just bought the SIERRA #5 manual. it has several of the ackley cartridges. it is the first that i have seen since the speer #3. interestingly , the loads that i developed for my 250AI are right in line.
GOOD LUCK and GOOD SHOOTING!!

Posts: 34 | Location: sebring,fl | Registered: 11 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a big book of article reprints from "Rifle" and "Handloader" magazines that is all about wildcats...some with multiple articles on the same cartridge. If you like wildcats it's a must have...can't think of the title right now but it's the size of a phone book.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's from Wolfe Publishing Company, same ones who put out Rifle and Handloader. I got the combo edition: Wildcat Cartridges Volume I and II. Near as I can count it's 1,050 pages! Wonderful reading although a bit dated as it was published in 1992.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As stated. it doesn't get much better than the reprint of the book by the old master himself. I think he wrote it in the early sixties.Some very interesting observations, especially on his testing of the strength of various military rifles using duplex loads.

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote