THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Need a little help with estimated muzzle vel. for a .375 H&H and 300 grain Barnes

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a little help with estimated muzzle vel. for a .375 H&H and 300 grain Barnes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I worked up an extremely accurate load for my .375 H&H mag.
I need some help calculating the estimated muzzle velocity if someone has experience with the load or a calculator that will spit it out.

Gun: Win M70 .375 H&H mag with a 24" barrel
Load: 300 grain Barnes triple shock, 71 grains of Reloader 15, Federal case, CCI 250 Magnum primers.

This load is shooting .5" groups at 100 yards, 3 shot groups with a 2.5-8 scope.

I'm guessing about 2550 fps + or - ?
What say you all?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't help you. I can't get Loadtech to accept that load.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My records show 2645 with 72 gr RL15 in a Rem 700, 24 inch barrel. You should be right in the 2600 ballpark. That was with a regular Barnes X moly coated
Lyle

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote