New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 Winchester Brass ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody know where to get some ? Lapua and Norma are a bit too pricey for me. Thanks.

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of barefootarkie
posted Hide Post
Black Hills Shooters Supply has it listed.

http://www.bhshooters.com/index.htm

...read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and I learned much from both of their styles. (J.B.)

Posts: 51 | Location: Redfield,Ar | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As of the date of this post, Grafs is showing it in stock.

http://www.grafs.com/

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know this sounds counter intuitive, but the last time I bought bulk 6,5 x 55 SM brass I ended up with 500 pieces of Remington. After I finished crying I went ahead and spun some on the concenticity gauge. Holy guacamole! The runout varied from .000" to .001".

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's been hard to find. Got my last batch a few weeks ago from Lock Stock and Barrel.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice site, Iadded it to my favorites. Anyone know why 7x57 brass is always more costly than other cases of the same size including the 6.5x55?

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Economies of scale. There are many 6,5 x 55 SM rifles out there being used, especially in Scandanavia. A brass manufacturer has relatively fixed tooling and set-up costs for a run of brass. If those costs can be spread out over 1,000,000 pieces rather than 100,000 the per unit cost will be substantially reduced.
lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never found Lapua all that expensive, Norma yes but not Lapua. The cases vary a good bit between European and U.S. manufacturers. Case head size is different, often requiring a second shell holder (a Forster MU4) to work properly. Case length is 2.157" as opposed to 2.155". There are a lot of minor variations. Compare a case photo in the VihtaVouri manual with the one in Sierra or Nosler and you'll see what I mean. Lapua is very consistent in weight and dimension, well worth the extra few pennies. Just one mans opinion. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by BighornBreath:
Anybody know where to get some ? Lapua and Norma are a bit too pricey for me. Thanks.

Well,

Norma used to make some of Winchesters metric brass, not sure if it's still so bewildered

Cheers beer
/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help so far. Actually found some good deals on 6.5 brass on Ebay. Thanks again.

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote