New
Find
Notify
Tools

7x57 ring on shoulder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently noticed that their develops a ring midway on the shoulder about 1mm below the base of the neck. Any of the experts know what causes this and if there is a remedy? Thanks

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could be signs of case separation. How many times has this brass been reloaded? are you full length resizing?

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
fishingDoes your barrel perchance have a rifled insert? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its a 5yr old CZ550 and Im using locally manufactured PMP factory ammo. I only reload for my .375 because from the word go Ive been getting sterling accuracy from the PMP ammo.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A photo of a fired brass would be useful to give an advice.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try cleaning the chamber out with a chamber mop and see if there's a reamer mark in the shoulder where it's leaving the ring on the brass.

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cant get a good pic. I'm beginning to wonder if its not maybe brass flow? It looks to me like its very slightly raised.