Notify
Tools

LEE CLASSIC TURRET PRESS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I like to here from guys who use the above press
how do you like the lee classic,pro or cons

Posts: 149 | Location: LONG ISALAND N.Y. @ CALABASH N.C. | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about 20 yrs it's not my primary press but i still use it a lot its a good press there is no primer feed on mine a lot better than the pro 1000 I also have one of those i hate it i think i'll change to a regular turret press

Posts: 136 | Location: s.e. bc | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lee Classic Turret press is a cast iron press, only a few yrs old, it hasn't been around for 20yrs. The new Classic Turret press is a much nicer press than the older 3-hole Lee Turret press.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2006/leeturretpress/index.asp

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/turretpress.html#ClassicTurretPress

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is pretty new. Not previously a reloader myself, there was a learning curve involved. Once I got it all figured out (I guess), it hasn't been bad at all. I would say it's swell for the money. Some guys I work with that have far more expensive stuff are not that impressed with it.

Posts: 16112 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used the old 3-hole turret for almost 20 years and like it a lot. It is very easy to switch calibers and work up loads. I can also recommend the double-disk pro powder measure and rifle charging die as great improvements in the reloading speed and repeatability.

I know it doesn't have the hype of other presses but has worked well for me.

Cheers,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SC_Gunner
posted Hide Post
I enjoy loading pistol ammo with mine. Also use the Pro AutoDisk measure and the Safety Prime. Once you get everything set up and going, It's pretty fast from there. ~Marc

P.S. The friggin thing's built like a tank, but I have had to send the 4-hole turret back to Lee for replacement. It developed cracks along the lugs after collet neck sizing some .308 Win. The turret head is definately the weak point on this one.

Posts: 46 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC_Gunner:
I enjoy loading pistol ammo with mine. Also use the Pro AutoDisk measure and the Safety Prime. Once you get everything set up and going, It's pretty fast from there. ~Marc

P.S. The friggin thing's built like a tank, but I have had to send the 4-hole turret back to Lee for replacement. It developed cracks along the lugs after collet neck sizing some .308 Win. The turret head is definately the weak point on this one.

Same problem here Bro. SC_Gunner. I have used the original 4 hole for several years and upgraded to the Classic shortly after it came out. The only complaints I have had are the turrets which I have broke 2 of while FL sizing .308 Win. Overall I would reccommend it and you definitely can't beat it for the money.

NRA Life Member