New
Find
Notify
Tools

an appology to start with
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all. To begin, I appologize for bringing this up here on Accurate Reloading, but I don't know where else to ask the question. I visit this site at least once a day, and many times quite a few times more than once a day. That said, I also visit other sites as well, such as 24-hr campfire and graybeard outdoors. Now that the cat is out of the bag, so-to-speak, does anyone know what has happened to graybeard outdoors. For the past couple of weeks I've had one heck of a time just trying to get the main page to come up on my computer. Most of the time it takes two or more minutes just to get there, and then, trying to get into the forums is damn near impossible. I don't think it has anything to do with my computer because other sites come up very quickly, but not graybeard. Anyone know what is happening? Thanks for any responses. Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got on this morning & it said they had software problems that were to be solved yesterday.. Remember we are talking about Alabama time

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Greybeards has allways been the slowest loading of the hunting and shooting sites I visit.
I suspect that his server is still running on older equipment and needs constant attention to keep up.
Another site I frequent was bought by a marketing company that basically ignored the site till it did the major crash and burn loosing all the user logon info and photo gallery.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote