Find
Notify
Tools

347 Winchester magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This board is great!
I have a friend who claims to have a 347 Winchester Magnum. A Winchester bolt action left to him by his grandaddy. He says it's very old. I've never heard of this. Is this on the level? I've never seen the rifle. Or heard of the cartridge for that matter. If this is true, where would one get brass and bullets for it?

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
I have never heard of it, nor find reference to such animal. I would suggest your friend is putting you on, or, is confusing the .348 Win. with something else.

Steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ask your buddy to let you see it and check the stamp on the barrel.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
No such animal

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanx to you all! I bet him $100. He agreed and I called. hahahahahahahaha! It was 348 Win, he paid and he's still pissed! Some people are so touchy! He'll get over it.

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Well, he owes you another $100 or two...

First of all the .348 Winchester cartridge is NOT a magnum class cartridge, and secondly Winchester NEVER chambered any rifle other than the model 71 lever rifle for that cartridge!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote