New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloads for the Rem. 7600 pump ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok, I bought one in .270 and will pick it up Monday. I don't know why I bought it, just did, my primary whitetail rifle is a BAr LWT in 06. Well I got the thing so now I need some imput on loads for the pump rifle. I used to shoot a .270 bolt rifle when I hunted South Dakota and I used O' Connors load of 62 grain of 4831 & 130'sbut I'm not sure where to start With the pump. I sure there are much better loads now but I haven't loaded anything for a .270 since l970. Also was wondering what you thin would be the most accurate factory load to try and if the pump could handle the light mag. loads that have been marketed lately. Thanks, Carl

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
you start at 10% less and work up from there. you are already up to max for that load now.

steve

Posts: 14 | Location: marshall mo | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Your 60 H4831/130 load might work okay, but, I'd start a few grains below and work from there. The problem with the 760/7600 isn't action strength, but, getting the empty case back out if you fire a load that's on the warm side. 53 - 55 I or H4350 and any good 130 grain bullet is also a classic 270 accuracy load.

The most accurate factory load I've ever seen is the W-W "white box" standard old Power Point load, available from Wal-Mart, etc.. They group so well, it's hard to beat 'em with handloads.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote