New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes TS .30 180's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Over the last few days I've been shooting some of the new Tripple Shock X's in a .30-06.. I worked up to 60 grains of Reloader 22 in Lapua cases. In my gun I can go higher but this seems to be the best charge for accuracy. As this is a new gun I don't have a base line for accuracy, this is the only bullet I've shot so far. It is giving me consistent 1/2"-3/4" groups at 100. I feel like this is decent accuracy for this type of bullet and am just wondering if any of you have experiences with the Tripple Shocks. I'm anxious to see how they work on game..

one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Yep, I got them to shoot for me out of my Model 70 SS Classic '06. I used 62 gr. of RL22 with a 168 gr Tripple Shocks. They printed almost one on top of another. I believe Barnes got it right, and next to no fouling. This maybe the only bullet I'll use in this rifle from now on.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GUYS
can you post velocities and bullet weights if possible for those loads
daniel

Posts: 1488 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm using the 180 grain TS X and with the above mentioned 60 grains of Reloader 22 I'm getting
2,800 fps + or - 10 or so according to my Ohler.

one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
You Got it.......The 168 gr. load with Tripple Shock-X's - 2858 FPS

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot the 130's in my 270 last night-using R22 they shot in about one hole-going a bit over 32.

I got more pressure with the load than I normally do with different 130's.

It'll will be going to the hill for a bruin hunt this next.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote