New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vectan Loads
 Login/Join

<vssf>
posted
I have recently purchased the following Vectan powders TU2000, TU3000 and TU5000

Any idea which combinations and loads will give good results with

223 rem with 69gr MK

303 British with 180gr S&B

I bought the Vectan reloading book, its not very informative.

Regards

Ray

<Christian>
posted
I have some experience of the Vectan powders in handguns, well it�s a good clean burning, well shooting powder.

My problem have been that the charges are so small and if I get in like say .2 grains to much then that load will be a owerload and won�t be fun to fire..

I hope that the rifle powders are not like that, but still a very good powder.
Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Ray

Vectan Manual it's not a good one , I have no experience with Tubal 2000 but the T 3000 it's similar to 3031 and Tubal 5000 = to 4064 you have a on line manual at : http://www.nobelsport.snpe.fr/

or here you'll find a relative burning chart

http://www.blasting-equipment.de/pulver/Abbrenn12.pdf

Br carefull

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used T3000 in the .375 H&H and it gives similar results to VV N140. The best powder I've found for heavy bullets in .223 is Vectan SP7, I can get over 3000 fps with the 69gr mk and 75 A-max in my 28" barreled Savage. This load doesn't fill the case, I can get the same results with N140 but I have to fill the case right to the top to do so!

I don't reload .303 but I have a friend who does and he gets very good results with T3000 with both cast and jacketed bullets. Sorry, I don't know his loads.

Posts: 157 | Location: england | Registered: 03 September 2001Reply With Quote
<vssf>
posted
Andrew375

Did you ever try TU3000 in the 223 with 69gn bullets? and any chance of finding out your friends 180gn load for the 303.

Regards

Ray