Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmark
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Gents,

I got a jug of Benchmark layin' around for use in a 204 ruger that I dont shoot near as much as I'd like.

I'm working with a pal on loads for a .223 rem and a 22-250. Have any of you used Benchmark in either of those cartridges in the 52 -55 grain bullet range? What are your results?

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using 24gr of Benchmark with 63gr Sierra's in the 223 for years. That load had been accurate in several different 223's including AR platform, single shot and bolt action.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Benchmark in the 223 with the Hornady 50 grain V-Max and it is a good combo.

Posts: 665 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the most accurate powder there is for my AR15 in .223 Remington with 64 grainer's, so far.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use it in my 223s with 40 and 50 grain bullets.
And its all I use in my 204s.
Several years ago I consolidated powders and tried to use fewer varieties and BM was one that I decided to use in several cartridges.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Benchmark is remarkable in my 204 as well especially with 40 grain ballistic tips. No mentions of 22-250 yet. I hope someone can chime in on that.

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 700xcr
posted Hide Post
I use 25.5grs. of Benchmark with Hornady 50gr, V-max bullet using CCI 400 primer in my 223rem. Very accurate in my Remington 700 SPS varmint 26" I get a chronographed 3230fps. average.

Posts: 191 | Location: Kennewick,Wa. | Registered: 20 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very accurate in my 22-250 with 50 gr. b tip.

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Well, it's called Bench Mark 2 here in Oz, and I use it in my .223.

I started with 24 gr and a Remingtim PSP 55gr bullet at (they say) 3115 fps and have never moved from there. This is in a full-stock CZ and it shoots just < 1" at 100m groups if I do my bit. I'm happy with that.

Manual says max load is 25.6 gr at 3265, but I've never moved from the starting load.

Disclaimer - if it breaks your gun, you get to keep all the pieces, offer void where prohibited by law, etc.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you. Now I just got to wait for the weather to break and try these recommendations.