Find
Notify
Tools

.224, 34gr. hp Mid South bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Smiler22-250, Stevens Mod 200. 34 grain HP Mid South bullet. FC cases, #34 primers, OAL= 2.337"

• DP 73, 36 grains., A little soot, mild, 3948 to 4087 fps. 3 shot 3/8" group @50 yds. cold barrel, and again with a hot barrel. also a 3 shot 1 1/2" group at 200 yds.

• DP 73, 36.5 grains, mild, 3978 to 4135 fps. 3 shot 1" group at 200yds. 4 shot 1" out.

• DP 74, 37.1 grains, 3870 to 4042 fps., 3 shot 3/4" group @ 50yds., Funtastic @ 200 yds.

• DP 74, 37.5 grains, 40 30 to 4145 fps.,1 1/2" group at 50yds.

TRUGLOW 6-24x44 w/ Mil Dot was not the best, POS so far beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..
  •  
    Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    EekerReordered another 1000 34gr bullets today. popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    hello bartsche,

i looked on the mid-south website and did not see a Ball Coff listed. can you look at your box and see what it is for those 34gr bullets.
    i am already using 40gr vmax bullets, but these seem tempting, the price is right on them. thanks,sg

Posts: 39 | Location: south texas | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    I was looking at these for a Prairie Dog load in a .223 Remington.

Didn't know if they were more for 22 Hornet velocities or would work well if pushed faster.

Looks like they might work fine.

Hawkeye58

Posts: 212 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    popcornDon't find the BC listed but if I had to guess it'd be around .125.

Used it in the 22-250 because of the slower twist. My two bolt action .223s have a really fast twist and I didn't anticipate any good results for that reason. I'll try them in my Ruger #1 as it has a slower twist than the other two and I'll post the results.AND yes they are reasonable ; I just ordered another 1000. popcornroger

One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Don't find the BC listed but if I had to guess it'd be around .125.

Sectional Density: .113
    Ballistic Coefficient: .097
    Notes:

These accurate bullets are designed to be kept under 4000 fps

This from Midways website. Go to the page where they list the bullets and click on the Technical Specifications & Use link.

Hawkeye58

One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    The bullet here is the Mid South 34gr. bullet and not the Mid Way 33 gr. bullet. I have both and have used both. The 33gr. was used in one of my .223s and was nothing to bragg about.

The BCs I suspect should be pretty close. fishingroger

One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    I pulled these up from a previous posting. These are the Mid Way bullets.

.223, Ruger #1,RP cases, Fed. 200 primers, oal=2.060",2230-C powder, 33 gr. HP bullet bulk.Wind gusting to 40mph.

27.5gr. powder, mild clean, 3541 to 3584 fps., 3 shot 1 1/2" group @ 50 yds.

28gr. powder 3615 to 3679 fps.3 shot 1/4" grp. @50yds.

28.8gr. powder, 3686 to 3748 fps. 4 shot 3/8" grp.@ 50yds.,

29.6 gr. powder, mild, 3805 to 3853 fps. 3 shot 1/4" grp.@ 50yds.great.

Better than I remembered. shockerroger

One of Us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by bartsche:
    The bullet here is the Mid South 34gr. bullet and not the Mid Way 33 gr. bullet.

My mistake. I didn't know Midsouth was offering this bullet.

I will probably try some in my Remington 700's.
    I would hope they would be accurate with their 1 in 12 twist.

Thanks,
    Hawkeye58

One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    EekerJust looked at both bullets!! They are not even close. The 34gr. is a pointed hollow point and the 33gr is a RNHP. Second guessing myself I'd say the mid South has a distinctly better BC. But I still don't know what that is but it appears to be the best buy in town. fishingroger

one of us
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    ...TRUGLOW 6-24x44 w/ Mil Dot was not the best, POS so far beerroger
    Hey Bartsche, Can you expand on that a bit? How much did it cost? What was the problem(s)?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
    One of Us
    Picture of bartsche
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hot Core:
    quote:
    ...TRUGLOW 6-24x44 w/ Mil Dot was not the best, POS so far beerroger
    Hey Bartsche, Can you expand on that a bit? How much did it cost? What was the problem(s)?

Shipping et all $64.00. The range adjustment was almost impossible to get down to 50yards or less and for the rest of the distance a strap wrench would have been handy. Frownerroger