Find
Notify
Tools

fat cartridges fitting funnels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Howdy,

Is anyone other than myself having trouble getting a funnel to fit the Winchester Short Magnums??? I'm very curious how some of you folks fix the problem. All replies are welcome.

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
I heated the outlet of the funnel with a heat gun then pushed the softened plastic over a case. Glove fit now.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I used a dremel tool and cut the funnel short enough that the bottom of it just kisses the shoulder of the case. It works well enough that I see no reason to buy another one.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Coach Hunt,

I cut my funnel down alittle at a time until the mouth of the brass made full contact w/ the funnel and then I took a 3/4" long piece of a plastic tube (ML sabots & bullets came in the tube) and placed it around the end of the funnel (you have to split the tube to fit the funnel). Once you have the tube the right length and proper fit, you can wrap electrical tape aroound the tube/funnel to secure it. You can also use epoxy for a more stable bond.

The only problem w/ this method is that you will probably need another funnel for your other cals but, they are only around 5 bucks.

Hope this helped.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
MTM makes a neat little funnel with several different interchangeable necks. Works pretty well, even with WSSM brass. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the funnel that came with my RCBS reloading kit.

It has a thick spout that is countersunk and works good with the 300 WSM and the .243 win.

Posts: 77 | Location: williamsburg missouri | Registered: 08 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

And thanks for the replys. Does anyone use a Forster funnel with these WSMs??? If not, I'll modify one of my older funnels.

Thanks again,

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wait, I said I was using the MTM funnel set. The one I have is the Midway Smarter Powder Funnel, or it was called something like that when I bought it. I think they're now marketed under the Frankfort Arsenal brand. It has the interchangeable nozzles all the way up to 50 caliber, with rubber o-rings that seal the nozzles tight. Also comes with a drop tube. This thing wont leak. Very good setup.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote