New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Whelen 200 gr federal fusion cartridges
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I came across a deal at Academy --- 17 cents a round.
The store looks like they are blowing out the Federal
round 200 gr Fusion bullets for a Hogedon 200 gr SP.
I paid 3.21 a box of 20 --- times 9 boxes = 180 rounds for just over $30.00. (the price of one box.)
I had just finished acquiring all the components to reload when I was alerted to this deal by a friend of my son. I reload the 225 Game Kings but what a deal if you can find it. Whoopee.
I think I paid more for empty cases.
I was pleasantly surprised when Academy started stocking 35 Whelen and some basic reloading gear last year.
Reviews of the Fusion bullet for a non premium bullet, seem to be fairly good.
If you see any for sale at that price at a Texas Academy LMK
THX, Lee

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Me thinks you got some mis-priced ammo. $31.99 on the internet site.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked the sales person to validate the price on the phone before I made the drive... 40 miles.

I put them on hold till I got there. The store manager handed them to me saying I got a great deal.

For the most part, Academy is a great store with fair pricing and a good selection But... I am afraid they have hurt the local gun/ sporting goods stores (Oshmans) --Kind of like what Walmart has done to local stores on the town square.

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Roger that.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They will sure work on those Hill Country deer.

and the brass alone is worth every penny you paid.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaprota:
For the most part, Academy is a great store with fair pricing and a good selection But... I am afraid they have hurt the local gun/ sporting goods stores (Oshmans) --Kind of like what Walmart has done to local stores on the town square.

The store only set the prices. The consumer voted with their pocketbook. Just as you did when you got that killer deal. Congratulations.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many good books, or too much ammunition."
Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 8 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote