New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Poor Customer Service from IMR/Hodgdon
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did the conversation go something like this?
Q. I have a can of AA4831 and need some data.
A. We don't make AA4831.
Q. Well it says here I can substitute H4831 or imr4831 data. Can you help.
A. I'm sorry, but you can't substitute data from different powders.
Q. Of course I can I do it all the time. Are you going to help me or not?
A. Go screw yourself, try not to blow anyone else up with you when you go.

click...............

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... but I have been reloading for nearly 25 years,

Hey Eterry, That bit of information surprises me. Not saying you are "Clintoning" us at all, just saying a person with that much Reloading Experience "normally" doesn't go looking for a "specific Load". Especially with all the Manuals you do have.

Quote:

The fact that they DO list other companies data, and the tone of speech that the tech used was what set me off. And we all know how we hate to be talked down to.

Yes indeed, me too. But I would change it to "try to talk down to". They only talk "down to you" if you let them.

Had a similar experience with the ThompsonCenter Plant Foreman concerning one of "his" barrels. His "YANKEE" attitude was apparentas soon as he got on the phone. So I just said, "Sorry to have bothered you. I was one of your customers." Went the next day and traded the TC products I had off. Haven't spent a dollar on one since then.

So, I can see how this could have been handled better on the Hodgdon end, as well as your posting the problem with a different tone on this end.

Quote:

BTW, the info I was seeking was for a wildcat, not everyone has or publishes a lot of data for them. I guess it was asking to much of the "armchair experts" to actually put some thought into or do some research before making a response, but thats the way boards like these work.

Did you try asking for help here or on the Wildcat Board? I've had Wildcats in the past and there are some excellent techniques that can help a person with them if done in the proper sequence.

Quote:

You ask someone for the time and they tell you how to build a watch. At least I got the blood moving in some of your veins, and got you to type wildly in hopes of impressing someone, mainly yourself.

Seem to be burning some bridges there. Hard to get help from folks that way.

Quote:

For those of you that ACTUALLY knew that Hodgdon list load from other companies, I salute you for pointing that out to the masses.

I knew AA Data wasn't in my Hodgdon #26. And I told you there "might" be a Data Sheet in the jug. Did you find one? Did you go to the AA web site?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some years ago, when the 10mm was brandy-spanking new, I wandered into Hodgdon's headquarters/offices looking for data ( happened to be in KC at the time, so why not?). I was met, at the door, by Bruce Hodgdon, himself. He shook my hand, had his secretary get what I needed and asked for, and told me to come back anytime. I have, every time I buy powder..... I seldom use anything other than a Hodgdon product, that was customer service above and beyond, I was just a kid, dressed poorly, and looking like the rube I am, but they were about the nicest bunch of folks you could imagine. I haven't forgotten that, and repay them by buying one whale of a lot of powder, all theirs.

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Armchair experts? ...pull your collective heads out of your asses? ...ask someone the time of day and they tell you how to build a watch?...type wildly in hopes of impressing someone? Not a good way to win friends and influence people. Posts like yours are a real good way to not get the time of day.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote