Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ramshot Magnum with .300 win mag.
 Login/Join

posted
Did anybody use Ramshot magnum in your .300 win mag.In their data they listed for a 180 grs Sierra GK, a max of 86.5 of Ramshot Magnun for a muzzle vel. of 3193.This is way over the max. of sierra data of 77.6 grs for the same bullet.

Posts: 7 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Here is a reference up to 82.8 grains. 300 WM

Just start low somewhere and work your way towards the top.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Take a look online in the data supply by Ramshot (data edition 4.5-2011) and you will see that their maximum (86.5 grs.) is way over the maximum from any major bullets or powders suppliers data with that powder.Sure I will work my loads toward the top very carefully .

Posts: 7 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Look at the rest of the loads, also. They all start around 75.5 grains, so start there until you find something you like or your personal stopping point.

Notice also the speed of the starting load for the Sierra is approaching 2900 fps, so if you don't want to start that high, drop back a few grains.

It's quite simple actually.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worked up a load for a friend's 300WM using 180s and I4350. The load was considered safe in several books and gave us 3050fps.
We, perhaps, could have red lined it and gotten another 50 or 75fps. But the question arose: What would 3150 do that 3050 wouldn't?

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote