THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    I'd love to talk to someone in the reloading chat room.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'd love to talk to someone in the reloading chat room.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
So how about you guys come fill it up! wave

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Soon as I get my phone and DSL back I'll be in.

Darn floodwaters have knocked out both, will be 2 weeks Monday. Royal PITA to have to sign in at the neighbors house with my laptop to check mail!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I was up in Hannibal, Missouri the other week and it looks like that! More rain since then too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornThis seems like it might be interesting how does one go about it? fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
At the top left of your screen it says "Go to", then inside that it says "Chat rooms". Click on that, then at the bottom of the chat room list it says "reloading", click on that, let it load.

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post

not on topic, but I have finally gotten interested in those little Suzuki Samauri jeeps...

I like the Camo Job done on this one....I am also interested in the conversion installing a VW turbo diesel 4 cylinder in them...

putting together one of them and doing that camo paint job on it, would actually make a fun little back country rig for here in Oregon..

Cool little rig....

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that camo looks just right! I have the GEO version, it's called a Tracker. I drove mine to the Quigley this year and back. Easy cruising at 70mph and 32mpg! And, enough room to haul all my stuff. Four rifles, the Colt, and boxes of ammunition for all of them. They are a rugged little guy. Mine has been places here in Idaho that would make a mountain goat nauseous and back.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
BUMP!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Samurai several years ago; very nice and effective little 4x4, but the suspension was horribly rigid; despite some alterations to make it softer and more confortable, I had to sell the car after 18 months, due to an increasing lumbago.

BTW, sorry for that disaster, Mark.

Tyler, I'm not fond of chats, but I'll try.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
ConfusedBeen there three times now! How does one communicate that he is ready to chat at that time? homerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Well, it says under "visitors" who is in that chat room. Talked to Doc and another guy, Tahoe for quite a while. Just make sure you get in the reloading chat room, never seen anyone in another.

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Well I'm hanging out in there now.

So if anyone comes in, post a hello and wait a couple of minutes as it might take me that long to answer.

Seafire-

I'm planning to repower with a diesel when the current engine gives up the ghost, but instead of using a VW TDI I already have a small yanmar I'll be putting in. I can live with a 55 mph top end on this since it is just used to putt around locally, and I already have the engine which is a good start. I am planning on changing the rear end when I do it, that will be the simplest way to get it geared properly.

Don't laugh, but for a time I was considering buying a new motor/transmission for one of these import 30-40 hp diesel tractors. I don't know how it would shift but probably be an economical way of getting everything to work together.

Here's a side view-

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Been having some good conversations lately, looks like the increased publicity is working!

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
I had a buddy in the service that had the "new" suzuki samurai when they first came out. He thought it was great, so proud of it. I kind of thumbed my nose at it. He and I took a trip from southern New Mexico to Colorado Springs that winter, and he wanted to take his suzuki, instead of my full size 4x4, 'cause it was cheaper on gas (which it was). I coined the name "Sumbitchie" for it on that trip. Man it rode rough as hell, the heater was on full blast, my right foot felt like an ice cream sandwich, and my left foot felt like it was on fire under the heater vent (I was riding shotgun). If it had been mine, I would have burned it in the parking lot in Colorado Springs and taken a bus back home. What misery...

However, he started getting all these magazines that showed mods for the suzuki, and we ended up lifting it 4" and with lighter sprung leaf springs, putting locker diffs in it, a buick 231 v6 in it, and DANG, if that thing wouldn't go off-road! It ended up being pretty impressive.

I still called it "Sumbitchie", though!

Good times...

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I've got to say that "speaking" mano ah mano to the members has added a wonderful new dimension to the best site on the Internet. Tyler and SpS, Doc et al Thank you.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
And I get to a ton from the older guys!

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Had a couple new guys come in...keep it coming!

One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Everytime I go there is no one there. Frowner

It will list the name on the right if anyone is there, right?

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Yep. Usually me, doc, 308sako, slowpoke slim, and a couple others are on around 9 central time.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Bumpity...

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
Well I'm hanging out in there now.

So if anyone comes in, post a hello and wait a couple of minutes as it might take me that long to answer.

Seafire-

I'm planning to repower with a diesel when the current engine gives up the ghost, but instead of using a VW TDI I already have a small yanmar I'll be putting in. I can live with a 55 mph top end on this since it is just used to putt around locally, and I already have the engine which is a good start. I am planning on changing the rear end when I do it, that will be the simplest way to get it geared properly.

Don't laugh, but for a time I was considering buying a new motor/transmission for one of these import 30-40 hp diesel tractors. I don't know how it would shift but probably be an economical way of getting everything to work together.

Here's a side view-

I like it!!!!

That is just one cool looking little rig...what a great hunting truck... small trailer behind it to tow bambi back into town with it..

I think I'd really enjoy on of those!

would make my 4 Runner look like a Suburban!

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing to look out for on the Suzy Sam. carry a spare throttle cable, the tools to replace it and learn how to do it. Just ask me how I know. I'm dead serious on that item. If it breaks on you out in the boonies, it can be a very long walk. That thing goes up under the dash from the gas pedal through a set of pullies until it reaches the carburator. I sold mine to my stepson's girls friend, now his wife and it broke on her. I had to go get her and tow it to my place and it took us a while to figure out how it went.
To be honest, would I buy another one if they still sold them? damn straight!
FWIW, that safety test that Consumer reports did on the Sam was a total BS sandbag job. If you read the owner manual (You do read it don't you?) it says if you're towing the sam, you have to stop every 200 miles and run the engine for 5 minutes. The number 2 man at Consumer Reports bought one to tow behind his motor home and neglected to do the 200 mile thing, so Suzuki refused to honor the warranty. So, he had CR design a test to make it fail. Interesting side line here. At the time they failed the Sam as being unsafe, 75 people had been killed in roll over accidents in the Sam. A couple of issues later, they wrote uo what agreat vehicle the Ford Broncho II, ignoring the fact that over 250 people had been killed in roll over accident in the SAME time frame as the accidents in the Sam. I have not trusted a single word that rag has printed ever since and yes, I once did have to make that manuver that they used to fail the Sam trying to get out of the way of an 18 wheeler that apparently did not like Japanese vehicles. It handled almost like a sport car. The only time that vehicle scared me was on a fairly steep side hill.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote