New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's Up With Nosler?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
No production of .264 130gr Accubonds in 8 months. You develop loads, use them on game with great results hoping this will be your go-to bullet and boom, the company stops production. Grafs, Midway, Midsouth, Powder Valley, all the major suppiers have been out for months. What's the deal Nosler? Product wise I'm ready to move on!!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
You might want to put a WTB ad in the classifieds. I just picked up some bullets that have been out of production for 5 or 6 years.

I'm sure someone bought some of those bullets and decided to go in another direction and now has a box and a half of .264 130gr Accubonds collection dust on their reloading bench.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Proshop had them as seconds not very long ago. I understand why you like them, they shoot great in my 6.5 Sweed.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
Didn't they have a fire a few months ago?

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Nosler. They say they are in production and shipping as I type.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rush to the latest boutique/fad product and you may find it disappears as quickly as it appears - especially in the non mainstream 6.5 caliber.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
6.5mm is going mainstream.

6.5 Grendel/264 LBC/ 6.5 lawndart, Ver.1 or ver. 2
6.5 Creedmoor
260 Remington while using Lapua brass
6.5x284 Norma (Lapua or Norma brass)
6.5 x 65mm RWS (basically an improved 6.5x06.
6.5-06 (move the shoulder back a touch to increase barrel life x 1.5 - use 25-06 brass,WW
6.5x68mm S (Screamer, not Schuler)
etc.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just order several 100 from Midway on Friday and they are in the mail.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 130 grs bullet weight is a bit of an "oddball" in .264 cal, so my guess is that Nosler has been keeping busy making 120s and 140s etc.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found out after many years when you find something that works well it pays to stock up when you can.

Best of all if you find the item on sale or at a good price.

Mistake made not buying more surplus powder ect.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:
Rush to the latest boutique/fad product and you may find it disappears as quickly as it appears - especially in the non mainstream 6.5 caliber.

Since when is the 6.5mm non-mainstream?