THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more AA1680 in central Kalifornia???????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
I was going to load some ammo for my soon to be here MGM(sale) 7.62x39mm(30x39mm) barrel adn went to pick up some AA1680 but struck out. I started calling around (all the way from King City to Reeds in San Jose) and didn't have any luck there either. Man I sure hate to order it(I really hate that Haz Mat fee) but if you gotta you gotta.

Steve E.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've never tried to find any but I order powder all the time. I usually jump on one of the group buys on Calguns.net and order from Powder valley. Divide the Hazmat fee over 40 Lbs of powder and you don't notice the $0.50.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:
I was going to load some ammo for my soon to be here MGM(sale) 7.62x39mm(30x39mm) barrel adn went to pick up some AA1680 but struck out. I started calling around (all the way from King City to Reeds in San Jose) and didn't have any luck there either. Man I sure hate to order it(I really hate that Haz Mat fee) but if you gotta you gotta.

Steve E.......

I favor H335 for the 7.62X39mm, and use both 150 and 180 grain bullets in mine (MV 2300 FPS and 2000 FPS respectively.....)

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes4198 is really a good option and it isn't as dirty as 680 or 1680.

Hazmat can't be much worse than the cost of gas and time to run down the road and back had you found some 1680 at a distant location. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try and find H4350. What a joke.

Finaly scored on 2 pounds. Calif just plane sucks.

Think I will save up and buy about $500 worth of powder from grafs

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Try and find H4350. What a joke.

Finaly scored on 2 pounds. Calif just plane sucks.

Think I will save up and buy about $500 worth of powder from grafs

Get a pleasant surprise and go to Powder Valley and get a whole lot of DP85. Personally in some cartridges I like it a bunch better than any of the 4350s and it is at a great price ; at about $69.00 for 8 lbs. I kid U not. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Picked up some up in Elk Grove today and world of wonders I found a jug of RL12 which I dearly love for some pet 308 loads in a couple of guns.
Thanks nartsche, I think I might pick up some of the DP85, does the loadings interchange with one of the 4350's?

Steve E..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you think you have it bad, you can hardly get any reloader powders down here in New Zealand. i dont even think we can get the accurate line of powder either.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
The salesman at one place said that they got in their powder order and some guy came by and bought all the AA1680 they had. Must like it pretty good. I've always wanted to visit NZ but now I'm not sure. LOL

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
USAF Veteran