THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Test on new Hornady .308 150 grain Interbond bullets

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Test on new Hornady .308 150 grain Interbond bullets
 Login/Join

<BigBob>
posted
Finally recieved a box of the new Hornady Interbond. There has been a great deal of interest in this bullet so I thought I'd post my experience with them for general information. These are the results of weight and measurement test. The largest diameter bullet measured .3079". The smallest diameter was .3075". The heaviest bullet weight was 150.7 grains and the lightest was 149.6 grains. Break down:
weight: Total of this weight:
149.6 ------3
149.7 ------8
149.8 ------19
149.9 ------7
150.0 ------9
150.1 ------7
150.2 ------11
150.3 -------8
150.4 -------9
150.5 -------17
150.6 -------0
150.7 -------2

Diameter Total that diameter
.3075"-------7
.3076"-------29
.3077"-------38
.3078"-------18
.3079"-------8

The overall rating I'd give these bullets is pretty darn good. While I have weighed and measured a lot of bullets, I don't think should be taken as if writen in stone. The only bullets that I recall that were better than these were Nosler Ballistic Tips. Sierra Match Kings, Game King, Pro Hunters, Hornady Interlocks, SSTs or Nosler Partitions that I've tested didnot hold as tight a tolerance as these bullets did. Hornady has adapted a different ogive for these bullets. Unlike the secant ogive, which is a straight taper, this ogive is an arc such as in the traditional bullet shape. As I continue to do test, I'll post the accuracy results. Have fun all. [Smile]

[ 03-21-2003, 05:29: Message edited by: BigBob ]

one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Thanks BB,
Looking forward to the range results, are you going to "catch any"... ie shoot any into expansion medium? So the ogive is different than that of the SST? Guess they had to beef it up inorder to peel back and not shed.

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
<BigBob>
posted
Dave,
I want to make expansion test and compair several different bullets, including the Nosler Partition. I have the accuracy test loads waiting for the weather to break. During damp weather I get a hitch in my getalong. Thanks for the interest. I'll keep you posted.

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey BigBob,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I am anxious to try them in my 7mm-08.

Keep it coming....

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey BigBob, Thanks for the very detailed information. Looks like Hornady did a fine job making that Lot.

Interested in how well they shoot in "your" rifle and if you notice any Pressure Differences from the bullet you normally use.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote