Find
Notify
Tools

Hodgdon buys RCBS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
I hope they don't change the excellent customer service that RCBS currently provides. Just look at what Hodgdon did with Blackhorn 209 powder when they acquired it from Western Powder.

https://bulletin.accurateshoot...from-vista-outdoors/

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2330 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be going for a monopoly on reloading equipment now.

Posts: 427 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I missed this. I'm not keen on a few financial giants usurping up all of the original outdoors name brands either. Which is why I think I would rather see Hodgdon owning RCBS than freaking Vista. Vista owns all of the US primer production, at least Hodgdon has some product on the shelves. I dont trust Vista.

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by setters5:
Must be going for a monopoly on reloading equipment now.

Follow the money.

Old Corps
Semper Fi
FJB

Posts: 798 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It worries me to see one company buying up others. Generally when a product line is consolidated the customer is the looser. I would prefer that we have several independent companies instead of one big company.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Hope they will start to produce the more obscure calibers again. Once vista acquired them they stopped letting you order a lot of dies in their catalog.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With powder running around 60$/lb WHEN available, does it really matter? I would imagine that there are not many new guys getting into handloading at this point and the guys that have been in the game for a while have everything they need.

Posts: 103 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 07 March 2012Reply With Quote